The time has come to begin our Big Country Rock Flash Beat Contest!
5 Day Beat Competition: Produce an original instrumental beat using the guitar and bass loops provided in the FREE SOUNDS PACK (download link below) as the predominant element in your beat!
The Challenge: We have provided a FREE sounds pack below containing guitar and bass loops from our brand new release Big Country Rock Guitar and Bass Loops. Formats provided include (Acid Loop, Apple Loop and REX2 / Refill formats). Your job is to create a beat in any popular music style of your choice. Your beat MUST incorporate at least 3 sounds from the FREE sounds pack provided. You can chop, pitch or loop out, re-sample or process these sounds in any way you choose. You can use any additional sounds of your choice to create your instrumental beat. Beats can be in any popular music style. Each producer is allowed to enter up to two instrumental beats.
RULES & REQUIREMENTS:
- You MUST use at least 3 sounds provided in the FREE SOUNDS PACK (link provided below).
- You may use any additional sounds you like.
- Each of your beat must not exceed 2:30 in total length.
- Your beat can be in any genre or style.
- You can manipulate these sounds in any way you choose.
- You must upload your beats by Tuesday, April 23nd 11:59PM PST to our Soundcloud page (link to upload below).
- You may submit up to two beats for this round.
What the Judges will looking for:
- Innovative, creative and musical use of the free sounds provided.
- Strong musical arrangement. Multiple sections. Complexity! No stagnation!
- Overall musicality.
- Well balanced mix.
- Unique creativity while preserving radio, albume and mixtape friendliness!
PLEASE WELCOME special GUEST JUDGE Greg Savage from www.Diymusicbiz.com! (See Greg’s bio below!)
The winning music producer will receive:
- $100 in FREE P5Audio Sounds!
- A Blog Post about the Winning Music Producer on the P5Audio Blog.
- 30 minute 1-on-1 consultation with Greg Savage via Skype, on how to get your music into film and television!
How to Enter:
2) Create your instrumental beat.
3) Upload your beat as an MP3 to our Soundcloud drop box below by Tuesday April 23nd, 2013, 11:59PM PST!
4) Make sure you include both your name and track name as the title of your beat. Examples: “P5audio Beat_your name” .
5) Tune in here at our Blog on May 3rd for the WINNER! In the mean time, check out the entries on our soundcloud page! Feel free to comment on the entries!
6) Check out the entries…
- Check out the entries at our Soundcloud Page HERE anytime.
- Our Facebook and Twitter Followers get a bonus prize if they win the contest so FOLLOW US!
- If you have any questions please submit them below!
About special guest judge Greg Savage:
Greg Savage has been a music producer/sound designer for over 7 years. In that time he has designed sound and composed for companies such as Native Instruments (Maschine, Battery), Akai (Sample CD’s, MPC 500/1000), Arturia (Spark, Moog, Oberheim), Dodge, JCPenny, Cancer Treatment Centers Of America, Midway Games, Lionsgate Entertainment, America’s Next Top Model and Walmart – Just to name of few! Greg is the founder of www.diymusicbiz.com.
For those of you who haven’t heard of our Flash Beat Contests: P5audio flash beat contests are short, simple, “mini” beat competitions that can last anywhere from 1 to 7 days. It is designed mainly to help music producers develop music production chops in a positive community environment, while giving participating music producers the chance to win FREE sounds, publicity and other great prizes.