In honor of Halloween and the launch of our newest product “Night of the Living Trap vol. 2“, the theme for this week’s Flash Beat Contest is Dirty South Trap Horror style! And as an added bonus, we’re throwing in a special cash prize for anyone who puts a vocal hook on their track! Below are the contest rules and details.
5 Day Beat Competition : Produce your hottest “Haunted Horror Style Trap Beat”
THERE ARE TWO CHALLENGES!!!
Challenge Part 1: Using any sounds you want, create a Trap beat with a spooky haunted horror vibe. We are providing you with a free sounds zip pack from our Night of the Living Trap vol. 2 that is filled with some scary sounds and elements, which you are free to use (or not use), YOUR CHOICE!
Challenge Part 2 BONUS VOCAL PRIZE: Add a freaky scary Halloween themed Trap style vocal hook to your instrumental track! NOTE: This is a bonus prize. You are not required to add vocals. The vocal prize is a bonus!
TWO prizes will be handed out!!!
Prize 1: Our favorite instrumental will win…
- $100 in FREE P5Audio sounds!
- A Blog Post about the winning music producer on the P5Audio Production Blog.
- Followers on Twitter and Facebook will get a bonus prize!
Prize 2: Our favorite track with vocals will win…
- $100 CASH PRIZE
- A Blog post featuring your track
So there are going to be 2 winners for this contest: 1) The instrumental track winner, and 2) the song with vocals winner. You probably are going to ask us if the vocal winner can also win the instrumental challenge. The answer is YES! It is possible to win both!!!
- Make a spooky Halloween themed Trap style beat using any sounds you want. Beat should sound modern, current and Trap style with a haunted twist!
- Using sounds from our free sounds zip pack below is optional.
- Only one instrumental beat per contestant. (If you choose to enter the vocal challenge, you may upload a second version of your track with the vocals added.)
- To be considered for the vocal song bonus challenge upload two versions of your track. One with only instrumental, and one with vocals added. Please label instrumental beat “Instrumental”, and the vocal version “Vocal”.
- You must upload your beat by Wednesday night, October 26th, 2011 11:59PM PST.
What the Judges are looking for in the instrumental:
- A Bangin’ Track!
– Modern Trap style production with a haunted Halloween vibe!
– Good mix
– Strong arrangement and composition
What the Judges are looking for in the vocal bonus challenge:
- A current sounding but Halloween flavored theme.
– Something clever and original.
– Good clear recording.
– A vocal hook delivered with swagga!!!
How to Enter:
1) Download the FREE SOUNDS HERE (or don’t… your choice!)
2) Make your beat.
3) Add a vocal hook to your beat (if you choose! NOT REQUIRED).
3) Upload your instrumental beat (and your beat with vocals IF YOU DECIDE TO ENTER THE VOCAL CHALLENGE) to our Soundcloud Drop Box below by Wednesday October 26th, 11:59PM PST!
Make sure you include your Name, track name in this format “Halloween_my track name”.
4) Tune in here at our Blog on Monday October 31st (Halloween) for the WINNER! In the mean time, check out the entries on our soundcloud page! Feel free to comment on the entries!
- Our Facebook and Twitter Followers get a bonus prize if they win the contest so FOLLOW US!
- If you have any questions please submit them below!
For those of you who haven’t heard of our Flash Beat Contests: P5audio flash beat contests are short, simple, “mini” beat competitions that can last anywhere from 1 to 7 days. It is designed mainly to help music producers develop music production chops in a positive community environment, while giving participating music producers the chance to win FREE sounds, publicity and other great prizes.