Got a new flash beat contest for you music producers. We cooked up something special this week to help sharpen those production skills. This one is a little different, so read carefully! For those of you who don’t know, P5audio flash beat contests are short, simple, “mini” beat competitions that can last anywhere from 1 to 7 days. It is designed mainly to help develop music production chops in a positive community environment, while giving participating producers the chance to win FREE sounds, publicity and other great prizes.
3- Day Beat Competition : Ethnic Winds Beat!
The challenge: Using the FREE Ethnic Winds Loops we have provided for you in the link at the bottom of this page, make a Hot Beat. You can use ANY OTHER SOUNDS in your library you wish, BUT, the track must FEATURE the ethnic winds as a main element. You can chop these loops, loop them out, pitch them, process them, combine them, use one or use them all, BUT YOUR TRACK MUST FEATURE THESE ETHNIC WIND LOOPS AS THE MAIN INSTRUMENT, and MUST RETAIN THEIR CHARACTER AS WIND SOUNDS. We’ve also provided some extra drum sounds in case you need them But you do not have to use the drum sounds provided (we’re just trying to help!). These Ethnic wind samples are from a product that we will be releasing this month. That’s right. These are so new, that NOBODY on EARTH has these samples yet! The winning beat can be Hip Hop, RnB, Electro, Rock, whatever…. It just has to be really HOT…. because… one of the prizes is…. read on…
- $100 in FREE P5Audio Sounds!
- A Blog Post about the Winning Music Producer on the P5Audio Blog
- The Top three tracks will be used in the soon to be released Ethnic Winds Loops and Licks product demos heard by thousands… no MILLIONS… (at least many many thousands) of people. We will mention your producer name in the product literature.
- Followers on Twitter and Facebook will get a bonus prize.
Use the ethnic winds as a main element(s) in your track. The rest of your beat can use whatever sounds you want, including any P5Audio sounds or others.
While we encourage you to filter, process and chop the loops provided for your beat, the winning track(s) will need to retain an identifiable ethnic wind character. If we can’t tell the track was made from the loops we’ve provided, it probably won’t work. We are hoping to feature the hottest tracks as the final audio demo for the product.
- Upload it to our soundcloud page by midnight on Sunday September 12 by midnight PST.
- Producers are allowed to submit up to 3 tracks!
- Any style of music is fine. Just feature our ethnic winds!
- NOTE* You do not need to use the drum sounds provided. They are just a bonus. Use them if you like, or not. It will have no bearing on if you win.
We are very honored to welcome back guest judge Hassahn Phenomenon, rapper, artist, writer and host of the internet radio show the Cypher Lounge Radio!
How to Enter:
1) Download the FREE SOUNDS HERE
2) Make your beats (you are allowed to submit up to the 3 track for this competition).
3) Upload your Beat to our Soundcloud Drop Box below!
4) Make sure you include your Name, track name in this format “ethnic winds_my track name” . Also include any description you’d like to the track info, but MAKE SURE YOU INCLUDE YOUR EMAIL ADDY SOMEWHERE IN THAT DESCRIPTION!!!
5) Tune in here at our Blog next Friday for the WINNER! In the mean time, check out the entries on our soundcloud page! Feel free to comment on the entries!
- Our Facebook and Twitter Followers get a bonus prize if they win the contest so FOLLOW US!
- If you have any questions please submit them below!